PDA

View Full Version : distribute evenly

byronpetch
05-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a tool/plugin that gives a distribute evenly function like those found in Photoshop or Illustrator? It's probably one of those things staring me in the face but I cant find such a command.

many thanks

Matt

Surrealist.
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Do you mean in Modeler or in Layout?

In modeler there isn't one perse, but there are some things that will work as such depending on what you are doing.

I assume you know of the clone and array tools, but perhaps that's not what you need. There are some creative uses of the aligner tool possible for this I bet.

Give us some more specifics, that'll help.

Also someone may know of a plugin.

You could always try a search for one on www.flay.com

byronpetch
05-05-2005, 02:03 AM
yes sorry I was a bit vague.

Im talking about modeler. In most 2D graphics packages you can keep on dragging out copies of an eliminate by hand then distribute all the copies evenly between the first and last element. This is so useful because you don't have to work out the maths. If you want a row of six items you just position your first and last then select distribute and they all space them selves out evenly in between.

Its something in modeler that im constantly wanting to use and keep thinking I just cant find the command. Useful to know its just not there.

as you say, I usualy use the clone tool for this which works you just have to play around a bit more or work it out thats all.

Thanks for your help.

Matt P

Surrealist.
05-05-2005, 02:40 AM
I knda thought that was what you meant. That would be a great plugin. Maybe someone out there has a hidden secret for this. I think it's worth investigating more. I'll check into it.

Tiger
05-05-2005, 08:33 AM
You can make your on Macro! Not sure if it works in Modeler.

"This video showcases one of LightWave's real time savers - the ability to easily create your own tools using LScript Commander. If you think LScript is just for hardcore programmer types, guess again - every LightWave user can benefit from understanding Lscript and the Commander is the easiest way to start."

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/eyeon/LScript1_Commander.mov
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/eyeon/LS_CommanderTricks.mov

pdrake
05-05-2005, 09:28 AM
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/eye...1_Commander.mov

Captain Obvious
05-08-2005, 12:33 PM
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/eye...1_Commander.mov

Click it, don't copy/paste.