PDA

View Full Version : Is there a DVD burner for Amiga4000?

Alexwolf
05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I have an Amiga 4000 with Video Toaster/Flyer with a finished film/video ready for broadcast but I want to send DVD COPIES to film festivals etc. I've thought of transfering it to my PC but I have no way of understanding how you would use my 3 RCA outs for video(1out) and audio(2outs) from my Amiga to connect to my PC's firewire for really good quality, with no generation loss.

CAN YOU HELP!

Thanks
Alex Wolf

Ivan
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Any newer Canon DV video camera will work as an analog to DV converter. Plug in the RCAs to the camera, plug in the fire wire to your PC and select AV-DV from your remote. The other choice is a capture card for your PC or a stand alone recorder.

Ivan

billmi
05-06-2005, 10:08 AM
You might also consider a standalone DVD recorder, as those have come down radically in price.

And yes, a typical off the shelf DVD burner can physically go in the Amiga just fine, as the Amiga 4000 has an IDE controller. But once it's there what would you do with it? I don't know of any DVD authoring software for the AmigaOS.

robewil
05-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Also, considering how slow software encoders are, even on the fastest PC's, I'd hate to see how long it would take to encode on even a supercharged Amiga. I agree that a stand-alone recorder is the best solution for you.