PDA

View Full Version : Build my own?

Lee U
05-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I am planning to byte the bullet and purchase a VT4 the sooner the better. I have seen it in operation and I have the wants. I priced it at a local dealer and the thought occurs to me that I might save a few bucks by buying the componets and building a complete setup myself. Hoping that some experienced newtek operator would know if this is a good descision or is there enough complication in the setup to make it worthwhile to purchase the turnkey system. I have built several capable computers and installed software (liquid edition the latest) without too much trouble.
Your thoughts would be appreciated. Lee

Randall Chesbro
05-04-2005, 07:09 AM
let someone thats doing it for NewTek do it for you. trust me and most on this forum. they can spend more to time getting things done right than you could with this machine.
Iv made computers before also, but for the cost its worth it. and if something happends you have someone for free to call . I have two vt machines from VIDEO HARDWARE
Blaine and Chris . they can do it.

ted
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Noooooo! Don't do it!!!!!
Just my humble opinion, but, PLEASE, don't go there!

I'm sort of saying this tong in cheek, but, while there are those out there who have had luck building their own system, I'll bet most have spent waaaaay more hours and frustration then the money they saved. Not to mention often spending more money to fix their problems.

I've read too many posts from people who built their own, or had an "EXPERT" friend do it, and claimed the VT is a piece of C*%P.

The VT is wonderful if you use the proper hardware and everything works.
Give a dealer whose built 20 or more units and you'll be MUCH happier!
Do it for your own piece of mind. And ours and NewTek's! :p

Lee U
05-04-2005, 02:06 PM
After considering the price on packaging of VT and buying it a component at a time, the training I would receive from my dealer, it would actually be cheaper to buy it from the dealer who knows what is going on. I thank you for your input and I'm going to have a live production on my desk very soon. I keep having flash-backs of my Liquid Editon. Ye Gads! what a hassel.. Good luck to you all. Lee