PDA

View Full Version : I think I found way how to Crash Modeler instantly :(

Lewis
05-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Hi !

I would need someone to test/confirm this problem. I tested this in LW 8.0.1 and 8.2.1 and it's same crash/frezze on Modeler EACH time. I made few pictures to show the problem and describe process. I'll attach test model also (It's just small part of bigger model but good enough to show the problem).

I have such problems sometime but it's very frustrating if you don't save each time before you want to select loop (I do remember to save 90% of time but sometimes i forgot and it's nonsense to save so many times in one minute just to be sure it won't crash this time) :(.

I tested in Lw 7.5c and while we don't have select loop there i used PBSelector plugin (found it on Flay long time ago) and it don't crash LW so i guess this is problem with built in select loop what we got in version 8?

Can someone of NT Programmers try to FIX this problem ?

cheers and thanks for patience to wait loading big photo :).

P.S. Should i send this as BUG report ?

prospector
05-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Well mine too
Actually goes into a 'not responding' mode

Went to get coffee, had a ciggy and 30 min later still not responding.

Really now, why did I check it,as Lewis reported it and if Lewis found something then it is in fact written in stone.

Probably cuz I wanted an excuse to have a ciggy.
Thanks for the break Lewis :D

Now I gotta restart Modeler :(

Lewis
05-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for checking prospector :)

Yes I should write FROZEN (not rsponding in task manager) instead Crash but it's same thing when you look from users perspective :). Either way i need to restart modeler and do agian what i was working on :(.

Any MAC guys to try ?

Tiger
05-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Froze here to...on 8.2.1.
Otherwise it works fine to use it!

Lamont
05-03-2005, 11:48 AM
When this happened to me, I selected 3 points, not two. I'll give it a shot with this model.

Lewis
05-03-2005, 04:47 PM
With THIS model (i was lucky to capture it acidentlly 'coz i had this error several times before but often i didn't repeat same building process and I didn't had time for such presentation ;)) you will have crash/frezze in ANY solution. Only solution how it won't crash is if you select all points manualy and not click on select loop but it kills workflow speed ;).

Lewis
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Update on this issue/bug.

It's SOLVED on LW 8.3 :). Thanks to whole NewTek Team for this Quick reaction :).