PDA

View Full Version : Adobe to acquire Macromedia

WizCraker
05-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Press Release (http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations/adobeandmacromedia.html)

Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq: ADBE) has announced a definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia (Nasdaq: MACR) in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $3.4 billion. Under the terms of the agreement, which has been approved by both boards of directors, Macromedia stockholders will receive, at a fixed exchange ratio, 0.69 shares of Adobe common stock for every share of Macromedia common stock in a tax-free exchange. Based on Adobe’s and Macromedia’s closing prices on Friday April 15, 2005, this represents a price of $41.86 per share of Macromedia common stock.

The combination of Adobe and Macromedia strengthens our mission of helping people and organizations communicate better. Through the combination of our powerful development, authoring and collaboration tools – and the complementary functionality of PDF and Flash – we have the opportunity to drive an industry-defining technology platform that delivers compelling, rich content and applications across a wide range of devices and operating systems.

By combining the passion and creativity of two leading-edge companies, we will continue driving innovations that are changing the ways people everywhere are experiencing and interacting with information.

T-Light
05-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Monopoly anyone?

WizCraker
05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes kind of interesesting since just a few years back Adobe filed lawsuit against Macromedia for the hole Layers thing and pallets

Interesting to see how they merge Freehand in to Illustrator. Hopefull the best of both will get merged and not the worst case where they get rid of the like freehand which I like better than Illustrator.

hrgiger
05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Sure, I just dumped all of my money into SIRI stock.

Actually, Adobe stock is a little too pricey for me anyway.

bjornkn
05-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Oh no! :(
I'm still upset about how Adobe bought and killed Canoma some years ago.
Fortunately I don't use any Macromedia programs ;)

Wade
05-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Adobe Livemotion!!! bring the little guy back to life!!! :D

ravantra
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
I really loved Livemotion and although Flash is probably more powerful livemotion was super easy to use and integrated with photoshop & illustrator.

-NG-
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm really want to know what the future will bring. it's either adobe F**** it all up or whe get tools wich are dam powerfull.

PS combined with flash in 1 toolset. :D