PDA

View Full Version : good beveling techniques?

jhopfenblatt
05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Just to let you all know, I'm a horrible modeler (and texturer, and animator, and everything else pretty much, but all of those are besides the point at the moment. :D ), so I apologize beforehand if there's an obvious answer to this.

Anyway, since I'm a horrible modeler, what I'm doing right now to get a feel for LightWave in general is making random text for logos and stuff. As you probably all are aware of already, Lighwave tends to hate weird-contour polys when using the bevel tool, causing polys to overlap and what not. So, does anybody have any good tips to help solve this situation? I don't have any specific examples with me, but if it helps you guys, I had downloaded the Kool-Aid logo from one of those popular logo sites, imported to LW using the EPSF loader plug-in, and was trying to work from there. I tried to use the bevel tool both "inwards" and "outwards" (as in either enlarging or shrinking the selected polys), but both provided equally unsatisfactory results.

I'm asking this because I do remember someone mentioning an alternative technique that could be helpful, but I've long since forgotten the actual tip. Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Dodgy
05-02-2005, 08:20 PM
http://www.wagglydog.com/lw/bevelpp/

Look at this...

mattclary
05-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Wow, that's a cool looking tool!