PDA

View Full Version : Rail extrude -- loft?

trig
04-24-2003, 01:16 AM
I want to create a long snake-like creature that tapers off towards the end. I The rail extrude function limits doesn't allow for 2 polys that differ in size. Is it possible to rail extrude a poly ( a flat disc) along a path (sketch line) to another poly(flat disc) that's slightly smaller. Or is it simply possible to rail extrude along a path and have the (UV) lines taper down.

I attached a quick example created in Adobe Illustrator using the blend tool. Poly A would be my flat disc in one layer. I would then rail extrude along the sketch path. I just want the very last poly (flat disc) to be smaller.

------- Any suggestions?
Is there another way to do this with another set of tools in LW? I'm almost sure I can create an LScript to incremently scale down each disc(or is it the (UV) line) towards the very end.

Thanks in advance

Mylenium
04-24-2003, 03:29 AM
Simply use multiple splines in the background! The first one will determine the vurvature the others will interpolate the scaling.

Mylenium

trig
04-24-2003, 08:17 AM
Whoa! It was that simple. I've was trying to find a tutorial somewhere then started playing with rail exclude, rail clone for a little while.
THANKS!