PDA

View Full Version : Free Sub Surface Scattering for Mac?

drclare
04-24-2003, 12:22 AM
I have been looking for a very basic, free or inexpensive sub surface scattering plugin/shader that will work in Mac OSX. I know that Worley Labs' G2 is the way to go, not just for SSS, but it's way too expensive for me at this point. I have found ska and OGO Hikari, but they are just for the intel platform. Does anyone know of something similar to these for Mac? Thanks for any help.

luka
04-24-2003, 01:31 AM
well as soon as the 7.5b patch comes out there is a little addition to the gradients called surface thickness. So hopefully is isn't to far off.

drclare
04-24-2003, 09:13 AM
I have the 7.5b update installed and it hasn't given me any problems so far, so i have that feature. How would i use it to get the effect that i am looking for?

luka
04-24-2003, 09:27 AM
hmm! I don't suppose you have read the read me file?
Well anyway you apply a gradient to the translucent parameter select surface thickness set your render to raytrace reflections and transperency. That's what I have learn't off the forum.

I had to revert back to 7.5 as I had a lot of scenes that just blew the lighting out. To much wasted time to recorrect the render error!
Good luck.