PDA

View Full Version : FPrime Question

spec24
05-01-2005, 06:45 AM
considering Viper is pretty useless I think I'm going to have to take the plunge and get FPrime. Was wondering though if FPrime had any of problems that Viper had while doing interactive rendering - such as not being able to render very complex surfaces.

Captain Obvious
05-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Fprime cannot render shaders applied to surfaces, but other than that, I haven't heard of anyone having problems with complex surfaces in it.

spec24
05-01-2005, 07:32 AM
yeah - I knew that. That's too bad. Someday :) From reading the FPrime website it looks like there should be no problems so here I go... :)

spec24
05-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Okay - I ordered it. But where's my download? It says for download only, says order processed correctly, but no download? How long will I have to wait (for all those who have ordered FPrime)?

phil lawson
05-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Its the weekend, so it will most likely be Monday before you get the email with link to download. :)

spec24
05-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks Phil. I really would have thought that Worley would have had that automated. I could've really used it today :(

hrgiger
05-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Don't we all who have ordered it wished it was automated? I ordererd it during the big rush when it came out and had to wait like 2 weeks since they were so backlogged so consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, Worley will send you a link to a personal download site (make sure to archive that email!) and I imagine they'll get to it early in the week. Fprime is worth the money, you won't regret it.

As far as Fprime vs VIPER, Fprime wins hands down except of course for hypervoxels. VIPER's new mosaic rendering is quite nice for that.

spec24
05-01-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks hrgiger - I'm anxious to get it. It will be nice when NT opens up the SDK. :)