PDA

View Full Version : Corona filter not working (?!)

Satchie
04-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Hi, I rendered an image for printing, so it was large, like 4800x3200 px, I used the Corona filter for processing, when rendered by limited regions, the filter worked great, in the band! but it didn't take into account for the pixels out of the region, so, when I stitched all the bands that made up the image (8 sections) the corona filter looked totally discontinuous, so I had to re-render again the FULL image (like 11 hrs!!), it went fine, except that the corona filter seemed to not have been applied even when it spent the most of time calculating the Corona effect, is this normal with Corona?? I rendered a similar version of the image in a 72 dpi resolution and the filter again seems to not be applied, it only works when I render by bands, am using LW 7.5, OS X 10.2.4 and 1 GB of RAM, video memory is small (8MB), any suggestion? or known issue?? thx i.a

ingo
04-24-2003, 06:29 AM
Isn't corona applied by pixel size ? When i render a testimage in screen resolution and corona looks fine it doesn't look good at print resolution, so i have to scale the size.

toby
04-24-2003, 10:39 AM
if the filter isn't working right, try re-loading your plug-ins -

You can also apply Corona after your image is already rendered, load it into the image editor, apply it there, double click on the image preview to open it in the image viewer, then "save exposed".

It will take a while to open in the image viewer because it's applying the filter