PDA

View Full Version : Lights when animating..

CoMetX
04-23-2003, 09:40 PM
I have a scene set up and it looks great when I use "render frame" It has all the lights, right areas, looking great. But when I go to render scene (so I can render all my frames) the lights look extremly different. They look nothing like it did before. I have motion blur on, at 20%, but I turned this to 0% and it still did not help. Any help would be great, thanks.

-CoMetX

mastermesh
04-24-2003, 10:36 AM
?

hrgiger
04-25-2003, 10:31 PM
That sounds strange CoMetX. Hmmm...

Here's the only thing that occured to me. Is it possible you rendered at frame 0 where everything is set where you want it but once you rendered out your frames the lights moved or changed in some way due to some unintentional keyframes moving them to places you don't want or changing the light's settings? I do this sometimes, I'll render out a frame and then realize that I'm trying to render a frame where the lights are pointed another way at that particular moment and I can't figure it out. Just a thought.

Tell us a little more about what exactly is happening in the scene. Do you have the lights moving around or anything?

CoMetX
04-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Yo! Thanks man. That was the exact problem. I had the crap looking right, on the very last frame, but inbetween the lights were screwed. So when I "rendered frame", it rendered the last frame; therefore looking the right way. Anyway, thanks again, saved me a lot of time ;)

hrgiger
04-26-2003, 05:39 AM
No problem. Glad that wasn't it, because I couldn't think of anything else it could be.

Extent
04-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Also remember that motion blur does not render on frame 0, so if you're working w/ simulated area lights you need to render at least from frame 1 to see the effect