PDA

View Full Version : RGB files not saving with render???

paulhart
04-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I am working on a "large" render, currently previewing it at quarter the pixel count and 25% on the display. It renders, sloooowww!!! and it doesn't automatically save out the file to RGB 24 bit .tif as I have specified, with folder and naming options all chosen. When the render finishes, the preview pops up and I can save it off, but the specific file doesn't get saved also. This is a problem when I go for the "big" render. Last time I attempted it, it went for 37hrs, at low settings, left me no preview to save off at the end and the RGB file wasn't saved off to disk also. Major bummmmer. I was able to get it to kick out a PSD export, but until they get this fixed, it is just about useless, and I know Photoshop, so all of the shuffling of the layers still did not get me to the expected image. Anybody else have this problem???
Thanks for any suggestions.
Paul

Silkrooster
04-30-2005, 04:31 PM
When saving a render that is a still, I never use the save image in the render options. Instead I make sure that the render window is enabled and save the image from there. The only time I use the save image in the render options is when I am saving a sequence. BTW for the save in the render options to work you need to render a scene(F10) not an image(F9).
Silk

paulhart
04-30-2005, 05:04 PM
So the save file option doesn't work with F9, but does with F10?? Who'da known. I had planned on saving out from the preview image after F9 like you mentioned, but after 37hrs, I did not even get that because the pixel dimensions were too large, 2000px X 1600px or so.... so I have been working at 900X720 or so... I will look into the F10 option, but I had used it only for animations sequences before....
Thank you for your thoughts. Paul

paulhart
05-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I rendered the image using F10 with the RGB options set, and as indicated, it saved the file just fine. It doesn't tell me the render times involved, annoying variation between the two options. It was critical for me to work this out, since the final print ready version will have to be 2000 px 1600 px and the F9 preview won't go that far, so it has got to be saved automatically. Thank you for directing my attention.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=36310

erikals
12-09-2005, 07:48 AM
"Good" to see others have this problem as well. I assume this is a bug, and to me, a very annoying one.

Panikos
12-09-2005, 08:33 AM
There are some savers in the form of ImageFilters.
Try these, maybe they consume less ram or they work more reliably.