PDA

View Full Version : realistic renders.. need help ASAP!

AdamAvenali
04-29-2005, 06:19 PM
alright i tried searching and all that, but i'm in a big hurry haha sorry.. i have to turn in a demo reel for my final next week and well i like to specify mostly in modelling and have some really nice detailed engineer-ish type models that i want to render for my reel, but i just can seem to get it right.. ANY suggestions will definitely help..

i've tried messing with radiosity, caustics and any and all other combinations and i am just missing a concept somewhere along the line..

thanks!
adam

robewil
04-29-2005, 06:24 PM
You seem to be almost asking, "I need some quick tutorials on how to become a good artist." It's not going to happen overnight. It takes a lot of work, including trial and error, to improve your capabilities. (End of lecture) :p

Post a few images of what you have. Otherwise, nobody is going to know what direction to take you.

toby
04-29-2005, 06:50 PM
What you might want to do is to render them 100% white with backdrop radiosity ( change the backdrop color to white and add a white or grey ground plane). If you really just want to show off modelling, this should be all that's neccessary, and it looks better than it would with inexperienced surfacing and lighting.

( I've seen much better than this but it's all I could find right now )

AdamAvenali
04-29-2005, 09:29 PM
that is exactly the look i was searching for!

i've done the clay looking thing before but i was hopin there was a way to fake it so the render times wouldn't be around 10 minutes a frame.. but i can live with it :o

robewil: haha i see what you're saying.. i have been honing my art skills for the last 21 years of my life haha which is all of it.. i think i phrased wrong and i was just searching for someone to help lead me in the right direction so i could get something decent by next week.. my whole life has been trial and error :D

and i'll post some pics when i'm finished rendering!

AdamAvenali
04-29-2005, 09:59 PM
before.. i feel it looks very 3d.. not real..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/seduceandrob/Watch_Render.jpg

after.. i feel it's getting closer to what i want.. any comments appreciated!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/seduceandrob/Watch_Render_2.jpg

toby
05-02-2005, 01:11 PM
The polygons are really standing out on the watch face, it should be higher-res. The ground should cover the background also, either extend it or curve it up

If it's taking too long maybe we can optimize your scene. How many polygons are in the model? You should be able to turn off all raytracing, and turn off 'raytrace optimization'

AdamAvenali
05-02-2005, 02:50 PM
actually i think the problem there is that i made this a while ago and need to go in and fix that.. i believe the rest of the model is subpatched and that disc there is just a regular disc with smoothing.. but i can def fix that now that i'm better equipped knowledge wise :D