PDA

View Full Version : Modeler annoyance?

LFGabel
04-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Greetings,

Is it normal for Modeler to lock file usage when you are applying image maps? I don't remember this being the case before, and in lightwave it doesn't do this.

What I mean is I have been used to applying a texture map in modeler, then adjusting it in photoshop and resaving it and updating the texture in the image panel.

But in modeler now, whenever I load an image and want to tweak it later, while modeler is still active, I have to either do it in layout or shut modeler down.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Lee

Lamont
04-23-2003, 10:08 PM
File format.

Use a PSD. You can work in the file in Photoshop and save while Modeler is open. LW will recognize all the layer blends, masks and whatnot just fine. Then when you are done flatten it ^_^!!

I found that out back in the 6.0 days, and I just never posted a solution. It's good to work in PSD format till you are done anyways. It's soooo much better...

evenflcw
04-24-2003, 12:16 AM
I usually set up an action that will save out specific layers to jpg while at the same time saving my psd. In that way I can still work multilayered and don't have to break my workflow to hide UVgrid layers or other such reference layers. I just press play to run the action and everything is updated.

LFGabel
04-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Modeler apparently locks the image files it loads, so no matter what file type I save out, if it's loaded into Modeler already, I get an error message saving out of Photoshop (ie. it can't overwrite).

-Lee

Mike_RB
04-24-2003, 01:08 AM
it may depend on order, load it into ps 1st..

Mike

LFGabel
04-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Doesn't seem to help. I've had confirmations of this problem from others elsewhere...

-Lee

Lamont
04-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Stange dude...

I've opend LW first then Photoshop, and vice versa and had no problem with the PSD format... don't know what to tell ya. sorry.

Red_Oddity
04-24-2003, 08:34 AM
I 'sometimes' have this problem...still havent' figured out what makes it lock the files...

Lamont
04-24-2003, 09:30 AM
Mike,

I read a while back that you had another solution: You made it an image sequence or something?