PDA

View Full Version : LW and Slo-Mo

prospector
04-29-2005, 09:18 AM
I know that you can stretch the timeline out for particular items to get slo-mo for them by sliding the bar ends in the scene editor (classic).
I can't find the same thing in the new editor...is there one?

AND
I can't find where the morphs follow...as they don't stretch along with the keys mentioned above.

WilliamVaughan
04-29-2005, 09:20 AM
In the new scene editor you make a selection around the keys you want to stretch (a yellow box will appear around the selection) and then you grab the side of teh selection box and click and drag.

prospector
04-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Tried that so I must not be doing it right as they don't stay when I click on something else.

Andt dang that was a fast response :D

prospector
04-29-2005, 09:28 AM
maby I got the wrong one cuz no matter what I try , it doesn't stay.

This what your talkin about?
After stretching it, I click on next item to do and the previous stretch goes away.
And stretching the morphs to follow?

jeanphi
04-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Select all items keys (box draging) you need befor applying your transform.
You can select all items if you select inside the top time range.
You can swich to channels on the left window and select the item keys you need to affect. In this case all childs items keys will be affected (if you din't expand channels).

prospector
04-29-2005, 12:01 PM
OK, that works ;)
But not what I needed, as I can't also slo-mo the morphs along with it. :(
back to the drawing book

jeanphi
04-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Strange... that works for me...
You can try the Graph editor as a last resort.
As many curves will be displayed at once it will be slow.

DaveW
04-29-2005, 05:02 PM
You can scale in the graph editor, but it works more like the stretch tool in modeler.

I hate to complain about it too much, but this is another reason why the dopesheet should not be part of the scene editor; it should either be integrated with the graph editor or have its own dedicated interface.

edit: sorry, I should be more clear. to edit your morphs in the dopesheet, expand the channels for the object, then you can scale them with the rest of your scene.

The little rant is about the interface issues with the dopesheet, it's not as clear as working with other dopesheets or LW's own graph editor.

prospector
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks Dave!!!!

Good thing you put that edit in ;)