PDA

View Full Version : logo texturing

tech365
04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
OK. I have a logo that I want to make 3D. The modeling is easy because the logo is in an adobe illustrator file so all I should have to do is extrude it. The problem is the texturing. How can I take the texture from the original logo and apply it to the 3D model in order to retain the original look of the logo? (Please try not to get too technical; I'm only a teenager and I just started using lightwave. I don't even have the manual.)

Thanks in advance.

mrunion
04-28-2005, 05:56 PM
1) You should have the manual. It comes with LightWave. ALWAYS start there.
2) You need to post a picture of what you are trying to acheive. We can't help you replicate a texture we can't see.

Again, start with the manual. Post more info about this topic (like a picture of the logo) if you need more help.

tech365
04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
First of all, I don't have the manual because my church purchased the video toaster and lightwave came with it, so for some reason all we have are the manuals for VT and Aura.

Secondly, I don't attach an image of the logo because it, again, belongs to my church and I want to avoid reproduction (not to mention that I havn't asked permission)

Silkrooster
04-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Here's something you can try. Open the ai file in illustrater or other vector illustration software and export a image of the logo. Try psd, tga or tif.
Then load the logo image into Lightwave and apply it to the extruded logo.
If you can find the CD's that Lightwave came on you should beable to find a pdf version of the manual there.
Hope this helps.
Silk