PDA

View Full Version : HDRI Issue #3 Portal Plasma Tutorial Help...

ChillWill Graphix
04-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty much what you would call a noob, but here goes... I have a subscription to HDRI and just received issue #3 from my wife (I'm military and am forward deployed to Africa). Anyway, I was all excited to do the Portal Plasma tutorial (having recently purchased LW8, I am anxious to learn as much as possible). Well, when I got to the step (on page 68) where you are getting ready to set up UV Scrolling, all of a sudden it starts talking about how you can't do that prior to LW 8 (with a built in tool). Well, I HAVE LW8 - so how do I do it in that? I tried to follow along with the directions anyway, but can't. I don't seem to have "Filtered Image" under the Processing tab of the Image Editor. This was very frustrating as I had been up late to work on this - and tried to finish - despite having to get up a few hours later. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I will also email this to the author of the tutorial, but was hoping for a quicker response here. Thank you very much in advance for any help/info!!!

Later - Mike

tischbein3
04-28-2005, 06:21 AM
Didn't have the issue, but could it be "textured filter" ? just guessing....

Karmacop
04-28-2005, 09:28 AM
If you're looking for UV scrolling you're looking in the wrong place. Go to the surface editor and open up your surface. Go to the texture you want to edit/create and make sure the projection type is UV. Then there will be two buttons below this uv texture area, just below mip map strength. Firstly you needto select animation UV cycler from the drop down list, and then click on Anim UV options next to it.

Then again maybe this isn't what you're talking about ..

ChillWill Graphix
04-28-2005, 11:18 AM
If you're looking for UV scrolling you're looking in the wrong place. Go to the surface editor and open up your surface. Go to the texture you want to edit/create and make sure the projection type is UV. Then there will be two buttons below this uv texture area, just below mip map strength. Firstly you needto select animation UV cycler from the drop down list, and then click on Anim UV options next to it.

Then again maybe this isn't what you're talking about ..

That was EXACTLY what I was talking about. That tut was really cool, just wish he had been a little clearer (for this noob anyway) on how to do it both ways for LW8 and then just the one way for LW <8. Both of these replies helped. I was able to get the "Textured Image" to work and will try the other method later. Thanks for the help guys - I really appreciate it. I tried to do a manual search for UV Scrolling, but it turned up NOTHING. Thanks again!!!

Later - Mike