PDA

View Full Version : Use bone from object

jbavar
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I have a question regarding rigging and object.
I have an object with 2 layers. Layer 1 of this object I am using bones to deform it. on layer 2 however I have assigned no bones instead i have select the bone panel and told this object to just use the bones from the mesh in layer one. Simple enough. everything works fine. that is until i assigned a weight map to the mesh in layer one. now layer 2 doesnt want to follow the layer one bones and i cant tell it to use the same weight map because layer 2 has no bones assigned to it. Follow Me so far? now i assume i have to apply the weight map from layer one to layer 2. but modeler has no way to paste the copied map to layer two. Any suggestions?
JB

toonafish
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Can't you just create a new weightmap with the same name to the points that should also follow the bone with the weightmap in layer 2 ?? Or did I get your problem all wrong ?

I have a question regarding rigging and object.
I have an object with 2 layers. Layer 1 of this object I am using bones to deform it. on layer 2 however I have assigned no bones instead i have select the bone panel and told this object to just use the bones from the mesh in layer one. Simple enough. everything works fine. that is until i assigned a weight map to the mesh in layer one. now layer 2 doesnt want to follow the layer one bones and i cant tell it to use the same weight map because layer 2 has no bones assigned to it. Follow Me so far? now i assume i have to apply the weight map from layer one to layer 2. but modeler has no way to paste the copied map to layer two. Any suggestions?
JB

Dodgy
04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
It will follow the bones in layer 1 IF you have weight maps on layer 2 with the SAME NAMES as those of layer one. Not all of the weight maps have to be represented, just those which you want to control layer2. You don't have to have any bones in it, just have the same names as those used by the bones in layer1 and everything will work.

As to copying weight maps....
Try this:

http://www.flay.com/plugs/downloads/f_twmc.zip

jbavar
04-30-2005, 09:27 AM
what i did to solve the problem is simply put layer one and 2 in the foreground and reapplied the weight map ...that worked
Thanks