PDA

View Full Version : FantasyFX, TriCaster version now available!

DiscreetFX
04-27-2005, 02:07 PM
DiscreetFX was blown away by Newtek's brand new product TriCaster and we fully support it.

The TriCaster version of FantasyFX ships on a 512MB USB 2.0 Flashdrive
and is much faster than the CD-ROM version.

http://discreetfx.com/FantasyFXTriCaster.htm

:)

davidsrose
06-14-2005, 09:58 PM
While I don't really need the medieval DVE, some of the other stuff you have for the VT looks very neat. Do you have any plans to distribute the rest of your line in TriCaster USB stick format?

-David

Cineman
06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Bill,

I tend to agree with David. Your Directors Cut seems so in tune with the shipped transitions and Overlay Templates in TriCaster… Variety. That collection includes some of the very best from several of your collections, and offers just that variety.

Of course, I believe it was Tiff, some time ago, who was looking for a baseball template. Sounds like that person may be doing live switches of sports events, and might be interested in your SportsFX.

I know that FantasyFX is your first love, and probably that of most of your fan club, but I don’t really see them that much in a live switch, which most will be doing with their TriCasters.

My .02,

Nes Gurley

tiff1967
06-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for bringing it back in the spotlight :-) Yes we would like some sports scoreboards. We just figured out how to make some changes to the current overlays during live switching but are looking for some better choices.

Tiff :)

Cineman
06-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Bill P's collection is Sports transitions, not Overlay Templates, but I had just been thinking about you, and your needs in the sports area.

NewTek did us a pretty good favor with the "Sports Lower Third 02". I just made me a baseball brush, and added some lines for available text under the line between the score and brush (based on broadcast and the scoreboard link you provided), and that one was good to go.

Then I turned to the companion "Sports Full Page 02", and found a horse of a very different coller. My idea for that was to allow the End User to provide his own background image, similar to "InsertImage Full Page" with the lines, boxes, and print on top of that. The problem, of course, was that the lines and boxes are drawn right on the basketball background.

Not being that great with my paint program, Aura, from NewTek, I decided to move on to others for awhile. Had just come back to it. Guess I have modified about every third template by now, and haven't been able to resist some brand new ones. Trying real hard not to have a much longer scroll list. That is lost time for us as well. Instead I have concentrated on making the existing templates much more accomidating to various uses.

Nes Gurley

tiff1967
06-16-2005, 02:15 PM
As we create these overlays is there away to set some space to upload so everyone can use them? We are working on the Music Video overlay with the graphic on top and turned it into a small scoreboard. Works pretty good :cool:

DonN
06-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Do they?

Don

Tarheel Cougar
06-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Do they?

Don

Yes, they do. Downloaded a few and got them to work. The icon for them isn't exactly right but the transition executes fine.

DiscreetFX
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Due to popular demand DVE Director's Cut will be shipping soon to a TriCaster near you.

;)

DiscreetFX
06-29-2005, 01:20 AM
While I don't really need the medieval DVE, some of the other stuff you have for the VT looks very neat. Do you have any plans to distribute the rest of your line in TriCaster USB stick format?

-David

Yes David, it is already in the works, thanks for the nice words.

:)

davidsrose
07-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Please be sure to post an announcement here when it's ready.

-David

valleyvideo
07-14-2005, 10:32 PM

-David

Would you believe I just bought a Tricaster and can't find out what transitions come with it! It's on order and I tried calling Newtek but they don't have a list. I'm an old Toaster user and just figured some of those are in there. Can anybody direct me as to where a list of effects exists or thumbnails? Otherwise just plain tell me! Thanks.

valleyvideo
08-30-2005, 06:28 PM
I got FantasyFX.....no instructions.....I don't know how to load it!

]DiscreetFX was blown away by Newtek's brand new product TriCaster and we fully support it.

:)[/QUOTE]

Cineman
09-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Gosh vv, I’m sorry. Has Bill P got in touch with you direct, or you him? You can E-mail him through the web site that you quoted.

I had the opposite problem with my “Jobs Pac” for Title Templates; not over explaining what to do with the five folders included. There are two, “FontSyles” and “Templates” that need to be replaced on the TriCaster, and two that need to be added into the “Pictures” directory. (The fifth is nested in one of these latter.)

Installing FantasyFX should be much simpler. I think that I could tell you, but this needs to be brought to Bill’s attention, so that he can rectify, not just for you, but everybody.

Nes Gurley

I got FantasyFX.....no instructions.....I don't know how to load it!

]DiscreetFX was blown away by Newtek's brand new product TriCaster and we fully support it.

:)[/QUOTE]

valleyvideo
09-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Here it is September 21 and nobody can tell me how to load FantasyFX. I can't believe it ships without instructions.

Safe Harbor
09-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Have you contacted the manufacturer? Bill doesn't frequent the forums very often. I would suggest calling or emailing him directly. His info is on his website.

valleyvideo
09-22-2005, 04:34 PM
What's the number to call to get Tricaster loading instructions? Anybody?

Here it is September 21 and nobody can tell me how to load FantasyFX. I can't believe it ships without instructions.

Cineman
09-23-2005, 10:52 AM
VV,

The contact information for the seller was in the thread starter when you first posted about your inability to install FantasyFX. You included it in your original post asking how to install. I did again with my quick reply. Tiffani Banaszak advised you to do that still again when you posted on September 21. And here you are asking for the same thing again.

What is the problem with contacting the seller?

Nes Gurley

intraining
10-04-2005, 04:50 AM

I asked my dad about this (he ownes DiscreetFX) and he said the manual is included on the FantasyFX flashdrive as a PDF. He is willing to print one and mail it to you for free though if you want a hard copy. He is thinking about including a printed manual from now on. Let me know if you have further questions and I can have him respond when he gets a free sec.