PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using UVMapper Pro with Lightwave?

ACLOBO
04-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone was using this stand-alone utility for UV-mapping with lightwave. Anyone out there using it and if so, what do you like and dislike? I was thinking about getting this as it seems pretty powerful. I like the idea of using photoshop as a quasi-3d-painting app (you can use a macro to autoupdate the preview window in UVmapper from Photoshop to see your painting results).

Somebody give me some info and opinions.

-Adrian

Yog
04-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone was using this stand-alone utility for UV-mapping with lightwave. Anyone out there using it and if so, what do you like and dislike? I was thinking about getting this as it seems pretty powerful. I like the idea of using photoshop as a quasi-3d-painting app (you can use a macro to autoupdate the preview window in UVmapper from Photoshop to see your painting results).

Somebody give me some info and opinions.

-Adrian
I used to use it, back when LW's UV mapping tools weren't very good, but I found I used it less and less as LW's tools improved.
These days the differences are, UV-Mapper is a lot easier to lay out different projections on a single UV space, the downside is that you have to export and then import an OBJ file to have it read in LW.

ACLOBO
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks for the response!

-Adrian