PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster 16:9 support

dtrigg
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Does the TriCaster have native support for projector output in the more popular 16:9 modes?

ted
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
I think I heard it does not. But call NewTek. I'm sure they can confirm.

pnelson
05-02-2005, 08:53 PM
TriCaster outputs a 4x3 image but if you are feeding in Anamorphic 16x9 and the stretching with your projector, you will be fine.

On a related note.. During our marketing research, there was VERY LITTLE request for 16x9.. I was suprised too!

See Ya,

davechalmers
05-06-2005, 07:52 AM
TriCaster outputs a 4x3 image but if you are feeding in Anamorphic 16x9 and the stretching with your projector, you will be fine.

On a related note.. During our marketing research, there was VERY LITTLE request for 16x9.. I was suprised too!

See Ya,

Hi Philip, this REALLY surprises me, since from my own experience and my reading, there are a LOT of churches that are either moving to true (not anamorphic) 16:9 or are considering it, especially in new installs in the next year or so.

I guess like all these things there is some inertia, due to existing gear etc but for churches displaying song words the wider format is a real advantage [more words per line is more natural to sing from, and reduces the number of slides/transitions per song.]

Having said this it is only in the last few months that native 16:9 LCD and DLP projectors have become affordable in this market.

Oh well. Anamorphic will have to do for now I guess! It would be nice to be able to do a stretch on all the graphics to match the anamorphic video.

Regards

Dave