PDA

View Full Version : FPrime & RPC - Doesn't work?

Deux
04-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Crap.. up against it with a rendering deadline and I found out that FPrime doesn't take into account RPC figures... I am right in saying this yea? There really is *NO* way round this problem?? :eek:

Eek...

-: Deux :-

toonafish
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
what's RPC figures ?

toonafish
04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
ah, just figured it out. It's them archvision people.

I suppose if you don't see them in fprime it doesn't support the rpc figures.

Donno how it works but I suppose it's something like a clip- or transparancy map on a flat plane and a lot of image sequences.

So you could render them separately in LW and composit them later with your Fprime render ( do some tests first, there's a small offset difference between Fprime and LW output ) in AfterFX or a simular app. Or you could stick them on some planes that are in the same spot as the original rpc figures and use a front projection texture. You can make the planes face the camera all the time by using the camera as a target or with some plugin you could do a search for on Flay.com.

Jarno
04-26-2005, 06:30 PM
No, RPC doesn't work with FPrime. RPC for LW uses a shader. FPrime can't render shaders. It's a LW SDK limitation.

---JvdL---

Deux
04-27-2005, 03:29 AM
Thanks guys for the replies and confirming my fears.

It turned into an all-nighter, but here's what I did in the end:

Positioned all the RPC figures and made the FPrime renders (much quicker than LW's native renderer). Then I set all objects to Matte Black, except for the RPC's and rendered them using LW's render. Composition was a no-brainer in PShop as I had the alpha's in the rendered files.

Worked a treat, and the deadline's been met :D

Cheers guys,

-: Deux :-

Ade
05-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Can I see some pics , im in the same boat now... But might have to animate em.