PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Car

monovich
04-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Howdy All,

This is a cross post form CGtalk that I put up on friday of a rocket car that myself and some others at my company worked on. Here's the renders, a bit more info can be found in the CGtalk thread.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=233288

We're eventually going to animate it and create a spec spot with it, but we've been swamped by "normal" work, so it's on the shelf for now. I thought it would be fun to show a render anyway just in case it's a long time before we can finish it.

-Steve

starbase1
04-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Oh wow! I really like that vehicle! Something rather photorealistic retro about it, an unusual combination. A very effective simple desert too.

cathuria
04-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Delightful vehicle! I'd love to take it for a spin...
The find the showroom render to be a bit confusing in terms of space & perspective; plus the blown-out highlights combined with black shadows doesn't seem to fit. The desert renders, however, are outstanding.

veljko
04-25-2005, 06:56 AM
a nice image!
relaistic but 3D!
i would liked some more model detail. but its good anways
:)

emoboy83
04-25-2005, 04:37 PM
i actually like the showroom render more, irregardless of technical issues (not that i can see any) it is just a much more interesting piece, and i love the scroll work in the background. great stuff.

monovich
04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
thanks for the crits guys. We would maybe have modeled the car differently, or added more detail if we weren't matching a real object as best as possible. The real rocket car is so bizzare looking and strangely built - we wanted to keep it that way. The surface of the car on the exterior shots is actually much further refined than the interior shot because it was worked on up to two weeks later, so I'm a bit happier with it.

I'm not really thinking that the highlights don't work with dark shadows. In high dynamic range environments you get a lot of mixing betweeen the darks and brights... but I'll brew on it anway. I always hate renders that are over "bloomed", but in this render I wanted to use some to (hopefully) catch the way light blooms when it's very bright like it would be in a polished surface...

eh. it's hard to look at your own work and be objective... so that's why crits are always good.

there is a very high res pic in the cg-talk thread now.

-sf

starbase1
04-26-2005, 02:03 AM
Err... There's a real one?!?!
:eek:

14 and famous
04-26-2005, 08:02 AM
very nice ;)