PDA

View Full Version : Type 1 Fonts not working in 7.5d and 10.3.6

nlbford
04-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I am having trouble with fonts in 7.5d.

I can't use ANY Type 1 fonts . . . no matter what I try to use, I get an error saying the font isn't a type 1.

When I try to use the TrueType option, the fonts always come out very over-pixelated and uselss.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

noiseboy
04-24-2005, 02:43 PM
have you tried using the fonts supplied with the install? in my opinion your best bet is to create your text in Illustrator ( or similar) and convert the text to paths > save as eps file (or .ai file) you can then import that file into modeler. Make sure that if its an illustrator file that you save as a version 8 file or earlier otherwise it wont work.

Colin

nlbford
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
have you tried using the fonts supplied with the install? in my opinion your best bet is to create your text in Illustrator ( or similar) and convert the text to paths > save as eps file (or .ai file) you can then import that file into modeler. Make sure that if its an illustrator file that you save as a version 8 file or earlier otherwise it wont work.

Colin

I didn't know about those installed fonts. Those work, at least most of the ones I tried - a couple gave an error. Now I just can't figure out what it is about those fonts provided by LW on the install and the Postscript fonts in my collection. Oh well. I can always use the EPS root. I was hoping that in some cases I could avoid the extra step of going to illustrator.

Thanks for the info.

noiseboy
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
The other thing about tt fonts in LW is that they dont remain in your fontlist from session to session. I suspect the font issue is a windows/mac thing so I wont go there...

Good luck

Colin

riki
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Fonts in Lightwave on the Mac are pretty horrible. Hopefully 8.3 will address these problems.