PDA

View Full Version : Coffee For One

Cesar Montero
04-22-2005, 08:05 PM
I'll better post this one before it gets cold! Tell me if you like the taste to post a bigger coffee.

jhopfenblatt
04-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Man, you need to teach me some texturing. Your stuff never ceases to amaze me, especially since you mentioned that for most of your recent projects you've been using just LW presets and minimal lighting.

I love it. *starts the coffeemaker* :D

cruppel
04-22-2005, 09:21 PM
this image looks decidedly more flat than your normal work, especially your glass. Perhaps less reflection falloff would help add depth to the ceramic?

Cesar Montero
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
this image looks decidedly more flat than your normal work, especially your glass. Perhaps some reflection would help add depth to the ceramic?

Flatness in textures helps focusing on lighting. Since that is my goal, It is pretended to be like that.

Reflections are blured but present. That is the way those materials are. Only hard metals can reflect sharp objects, as well as glass. I would suggest seeing this piece in a better monitor. The richness of it can only be seen on monitors of good quality and gamma corrected.

I'll post in some minutes some zooms for you too see better the reflections :)

Cesar Montero
04-22-2005, 09:53 PM
this image looks decidedly more flat than your normal work, especially your glass. Perhaps less reflection falloff would help add depth to the ceramic?

Does this helps? :)

annaleah
04-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Looking great once more Cesar!

otacon
04-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Looks great in my monitor. Your one of the ones whos work i look forward to seeing. ;)

Cesar Montero
04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Looks great in my monitor. Your one of the ones whos work i look forward to seeing. ;)

I'll do my best to keep that interest. As you know, your work has always been my inspiration. Thanks for your kind words :o

Question:
Do you know where can I download "rope" plugin for Machintosh? I want to do some details on a coffee-pot with it :)

otacon
04-23-2005, 12:27 AM
I dont think its available yet for mac.

Cesar Montero
04-23-2005, 12:33 AM
I dont think its available yet for mac.

Ok, oldschool then!! :rolleyes:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Very nice. Is the smoke added in Photoshop? I assume this is still an Fprime render.

Cesar Montero
04-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Very nice. Is the smoke added in Photoshop? I assume this is still an Fprime render.

Yes, it is still an FPrime render. :)

The smoke was added on Photoshop. In this case, it was easier and more believable than using hypervoxels and compositing. And as you may be thinking, it was needed because FPrime doesn't renders HV yet.

Cesar Montero
04-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Here is a bigger version for a bigger desire for coffee. Hope you enjoy it.

GregMalick
04-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Really Excellent Cesar!

Is that a little cartoon character reflected in the spoon? :D

riki
04-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Excellent work, my on crit is that it's cropped a bit tight.

Cesar Montero
04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Really Excellent Cesar!

Is that a little cartoon character reflected in the spoon? :D

Im still very curious of what is that...I can't see it on the hdri, neither on the scene. I don't know where that reflection is comming from. And yeah, it seems like a cartoon character, kind of a duck. Oh well...it looks good ;)

GregMalick
04-26-2005, 08:58 PM
yeah -- I thought you put it there on purpose - maybe one of your cartoon characters.