PDA

View Full Version : soft objects..

fab.b.
04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Hi everybody, i'm quite new to LW, and in my new project i need to create a model of the famous Le Corbusier' armchair; now, i need some suggestions (or tutorials): wich is the best way to create something "soft" like a sofa or a pillow? thanks guys..... :D

Silkrooster
04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Probably sub patched and cloth dynamics will do what you need. I recommend you taking time and setting down with the manual and read especially if you use dynamics. The manual will answer most of your questions. The rest of your questions can be answered with the forums. For some excellent video tutorials check out http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm Good Luck.
Silk

SplineGod
04-20-2005, 09:58 PM
It depends on what the soft object needs to do. Threres a lot of ways to deform them. The method I would go with depends on what the end result has to be like.

Carm3D
04-21-2005, 09:52 AM
If you are going to be modeling things like seams, wrinkles and buttons in your sofa, and you want it to deform via ClothFX, I strongly suggest you get into FXMetaLink. ClothFX works best when the polygons are of a uniform size. If you apply ClothFX directly to a detailed model, those details will get pulled apart.