PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper: phase #2

Cesar Montero
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Here is the phase 2 of the Grasshopper Metamorphosis Project.

Technical properties:

+ No lights used, only radiosity. kitchen_probe hdri used.
+ Lightwave preset metals only used for the surfacing
+ 10k polygon model
+ Photoshop used for the halo and gamma correction
+ 1 week work or so of work, can't remember.

Hope you like it.

PS: I'll do more phases this phase is for lighting, I would appreciate comments on it, thanks.

mattclary
04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
It looks great! The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the wings. They seem somehow kind of... flat? Uninteresting? They need some kind of detail. Maybe like the veins you would see on a real grasshopper, but maybe kind of with a circuit-board desing?

Cesar Montero
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
It looks great! The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the wings. They seem somehow kind of... flat? Uninteresting? They need some kind of detail. Maybe like the veins you would see on a real grasshopper, but maybe kind of with a circuit-board desing?

Geometrical detail will ne on phase 3. Thanks for the retro, will be done in next phase of the project :)

emoboy83
04-24-2005, 06:53 AM
looks good, only thing id recomend is lowerering the reflection of the ground or roughening it up a bit. at the moment its hard to see where the grasshopper ends and the reflection starts.

Cesar Montero
04-24-2005, 02:17 PM
looks good, only thing id recomend is lowerering the reflection of the ground or roughening it up a bit. at the moment its hard to see where the grasshopper ends and the reflection starts.

That was the intention. :)