PDA

View Full Version : Vga

dha
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm having a TriCaster on my hand for testing for a few days. I'm at a lost as how to:

1. Web stream it to our WM video server. Webcast from the Tricaster itself is not an option.
2. Capture the VGA source. I connected another PC VGA to it but nothing show up on the Tricaster. Worse it created snow on the other cameras video. :(

The vendor doesn't have much knowledge on this. He just got the product and was willing to let me try it first.

Thanks.

radams
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
2. Capture the VGA source. I connected another PC VGA to it but nothing show up on the Tricaster. Worse it created snow on the other cameras video. :(

Thanks.

This is NOT to use a VGA in from my understanding...what you need to do is to load the Network IN client on the other PC and then connect that thru ethernet to the tricaster...Now that will be one of the network In sources.

So understand that this is NOT from the VGA output of another PC card...but screen grabs thru the Network IN client and is being sent over a lan to the tricaster which then sees this as a stream.

So it is actually more powerful and less complicated.

Now I don't have a tricaster here to give you the steps by steps...but your dealer who gave this to you should get their BUTT ingear and get trained on it to help show you.

Cheers,

Paul Lara
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
- activate the stream on the LAN and provide your streaming provider with the outbound IP from TriCaster

- From a single computer, you can use the supplied crossover cable to connect it to TriCaster. Then, load the iVGA executable, double click it, and then in a minute, that computer's name will be present in the Network drop-down.
VGA is connected via ethernet, NOT through any DB 15 VGA connection. The DB-15 connections are not to be used, as they may interfere with its operation.

davechalmers
04-20-2005, 07:06 AM
Just a suggestion to Newtek - source some plastic caps for the unused HD15 connectors on the VT card and ship with them fitted.
This might make people think twice before doing what this guy did and assuming they were VGA inputs or something.

Regards

Dave

dha
04-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all your explainings. There is no iVGA program file on my TriCaster that I can find (searched the whole hard drive and found none)

Also, this seems to be a limitation for the TriCaster since I have some dummy VGA devices (3D document cameras for example). Also the TriCaster crashed on me once when I plug/unlpug video sources while using the program. Has anyone run into this problem before?

I also find the video is fuzzy. I fined-tune the default WM profile with sharpness equal 100 but the result is still not good. I created a 500K stream in addition to the 330K stream but it is still not adequate. I'm sure I'm missing some settings somewhere. Any suggestions?

radams
04-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Please email me off forum...

[email protected]

Thanks,

Paul Lara
04-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all your explainings. There is no iVGA program file on my TriCaster that I can find (searched the whole hard drive and found none)

The iVGA client executable is on the supplied CD.

John Perkins
04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Just a suggestion to Newtek - source some plastic caps for the unused HD15 connectors on the VT card and ship with them fitted.
This might make people think twice before doing what this guy did and assuming they were VGA inputs or something.

All of our units have had plastic caps over all the unused VGA type connectors. On top of that, they had screws in them to make sure they don't fall off.

Sounds like he went to quite a bit of trouble to hook it up wrong.