PDA

View Full Version : Post your Lw interface...

electropulse
04-19-2005, 11:43 AM
man I can't believe that there's not more screen shots of lw over there.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=231629&page=1&pp=20

is it me or are those terribly expensive apps are more and more looking a lot like truespace , heh, I like the Max 7 interface btw.

flakester
04-19-2005, 11:59 AM
The Maya interface looks like a kids show!!

Not at all like mine! :

mattclary
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM
man I can't believe that there's not more screen shots of lw over there.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=231629&page=1&pp=20

is it me or are those terribly expensive apps are more and more looking a lot like truespace , heh, I like the Max 7 interface btw.

Reminds me why I love LightWave so much! :cool:

prospector
04-19-2005, 02:59 PM
least XSI is following LW by going to the word tools and not those goofy Icony thingys.
Unless the words turn into those ones below Import/Export button.....in which case it sucks.

lesterfoster
04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
least XSI is following LW by going to the word tools and not those goofy Icony thingys.

I am starting to agree with you. I have found TrueSPACE and Rhino are confusing. I think that after using lightwave for quite some time now., I fine that text buttons are much better than picture buttons.

At one time, I wished that lightwave looked and worked more like truespace. How ever. I think I like the way that lightwave looks and works much better now.

doimus
04-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Trespace has probably the most confusing UI of them all, even more than Blender, but I have no doubt one gets accustomed to it...

Rhino's UI was actually modelled after AutoCAD(command line and all that weird outdated stuff :D ), so it is a natural evolution for a CAD user. It's actually taught as a first 3D app at the university I'm on, and people are very fond of it.

Max and XSI have nice UIs (concept wise) but they're so cluttered, so you'll need a 35" screen or something like that to properly utilize it. ;)

That's where LW steps in... easy, SMALL, intuitive, basically the only UI that can be fully used even at 1024x768 resolution.

policarpo
04-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Well I am a UI designer so I won't give my professional opinion about any of this. :rolleyes: