PDA

View Full Version : Volumetric Lightings

Wah17
04-19-2005, 04:38 AM
http://www.geocities.com/wah17/lights.jpg

Trying to get the lights to work but failed? anyone know how how?

Been trying all day long..

Any tutorials?

caesar
04-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Whats the problem? Have u checked if the cam is pointing your light properly? Have you tested Viper? Itīll preview very fast your vol. light. Your settings looks ok, but the presets your showing works best in point lights, not the one your using (itīd render, anyway)

Wah17
04-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Anyway

Can u show me some examples, making scenes by using those lights.

for example, a box on a platform.

And ur surrounding will be seeing those aura or light effects, and yet u can still see ur box instead of being eaten by the lights

caesar
04-19-2005, 08:43 AM
for example, a box on a platform. And ur surrounding will be seeing those aura or light effects, and yet u can still see ur box instead of being eaten by the lights

I didnīt understand very well the scene you talked about, but try posting a picture, maybe I can help you out

Wah17
04-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Here is a project i am working on

i m trying to achieve an environment like the ground.

currently the ground is made of " backdrop>gradient"

is kinda of ugly the brownish

so i am trying n see whether is it possible to use
some lights preset to create something better
or similar

coz this watch will be animated. and i would like to see shadows on the environment too.

http://www.geocities.com/wah17/en.jpg

caesar
04-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Ok, you need a background that cast shadows in your "water" plane. Take a look in SkyTracer (Backdrop, Add environment). You want something more "sophisticated" you could try a clouds image for backdrop and/or some hypervoxels clouds.
Let me know the result!

caesar
04-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Its just a simple example, just used a subd plane and applied some presets to skytracer (cumulus clouds, casting shadows), the environment and the surface (rough sea). I prefer to apply an displacement instead of bump, to see the shadows follow the waves.