PDA

View Full Version : List what you want in tscript

John Perkins
04-19-2005, 12:32 AM
There are quite a few things missing in tscript. I would like to try to extend it for our needs.

Anybody interested in adding functionality, please post your request and if you want to help let me know.

My immediate needs:
1. File Requesters
2. Message passing between modules.
3. Global Variables.

It isn't hard to add a tscript command. I'll post a how-to tomorrow if anyone wants to help.

PIZAZZ
04-25-2005, 01:07 PM
There are quite a few things missing in tscript. I would like to try to extend it for our needs.

Anybody interested in adding functionality, please post your request and if you want to help let me know.

My immediate needs:
1. File Requesters
2. Message passing between modules.
3. Global Variables.

It isn't hard to add a tscript command. I'll post a how-to tomorrow if anyone wants to help.

Here is my big request....

A current list of all possible Tscript commands... :eek:

yeah, Yeah, I know. Who would ask for such a thing.... ;)

John Perkins
04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
No kidding, who knows what is really available!

Does anyone else think the message passing idea is good? Like for having a DDR send commands to a switcher, etc?

I've got that partially done and I ended up going overboard a little...

I added network support so you can even send another VT commands. I don't have two VT's so I tested it out with a non-VT computer. You could have a notebook with a switcher on it while someone else has another one with the VT mixer while...Ok, that is the idea anyway. Finally all the modules could be useful without using an external mixer.

I'm trying to figure out the low-level stuff now so that the switcher and mixer don't even need to be open. That way you could use CG without worrying about hitting space or return and triggering an auto/take.

mikkowilson
04-28-2005, 07:07 AM
I think Message passing holds a lot of potential...

Would it be possible to build a "super" VT that used message passing to control multiple VTs.
Could be a solution to those "bigger mixes" that have been discussed..

Also how about the possibilty of message passing between software? That way one could quickly implement full automation and schduling.

Also how about RS232 router/matrix support, so that VT could control external routers, like Kramer's matrix switchers..

- Mikko

John Perkins
04-28-2005, 08:00 AM
How do you mean between software? Like Arexx?

You can do that now (mostly), but you have to write your application to be tscript aware.

If you can't get at the source for the app, you can't add tscript to it though.