PDA

View Full Version : Will I need a faster PC for T3 TeD?

agv
04-23-2003, 02:05 AM
Although my Dual 1Gig PIII is below the recommended system for the T2, I've been able to use it for TeD with success. I do mostly cuts and a few dissolves, so I'm probably not taxing the processors as much as I could.

Would anyone know if upgrading to T3 will mean that TeD will require greater system resources for doing the basics than T2?

Just trying to figure out if I'm going to need a new machine. Thanks.

SBowie
04-23-2003, 05:05 AM
Even with the T[2], there is a noticeable difference in TEd's responsiveness between the dual P3 and a single P4. With VT[3], some of the new stuff in the software will reportedly only run without any background rendering on cpu's which support the newer commandset -- which is unfortunately not found on older cpu's such as P3's and AMDs before the newest one just coming out. Still, you shouldn't be any further behind than you are right now -- just that you will not have realtime access to some of the cool new features.

So, you could always do the VT[3] upgrade now to get the pre-order special pricing and bundle, then update the system later. Having said that, dual Xeons rock! :)

agv
04-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks, Steve!