PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Interview For School! Respond Quickly!

Techno
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
bcvbcvb

Vincenzo
04-18-2005, 05:19 PM
I would recommend enrolling in college and getting a degree in C.Sci., because it will give you more options and flexibility. If you are more interested in computer art and modeling then go take some classes in that. The most important language for games is C++, but programming languages share alot, so if you learn one, learning another will be easier.

P.S. If you dont already know what you are asking then you in big trouble.

Sincerely, Vincenzo

I.C.UpsetPeople
04-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I think you dont even need a G.E.D. to get a job at Game Stop.

mlmiller1983
04-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Do what I plan to do. Go to a good four year university like UC Irvine and go into their BS Information & Computer Science degree program which is one of the best in Southern California. They even offer a game programming class as well as ton of good classes in software engineering, algorithms, and artifical intelligence which all great for those who want to be game programmers.

If you want a good art education but don't want to give up your four year degree program there are a couple good online animation and game art programs. Art Institute Online offers a very good BS Game Art and Design course that covers basic drawing skills to advanced game modeling, image manipulation, illustration, game protyping, low polygon animation, etc. What I like about this school is that is fast paced so you finish really quickly( each session is like 5.5 weeks) and they have job placement. Oh if your in the military(USAF Reserve for me) you get a 20 percent tuition discount. The only thing though the software they use is 3ds Max.

Another good animation school online is the Academy of Art University Online. This program is intense is geared more toward traditional animationa as well as 3D animation and most of the course work is geared toward fine tuning your traditional drawing skills like figure drawing, anatomy, design, and character animation. THey also cover many 3D animation topics like visual effects, compositing, and rotoscoping as well as video editing.

I plan to go to UCI major in BS Information & Computer Science(as well as another major which i haven't decided) and do one of the two online art programs but given that one gives me a 20 percent discount off tuition and is fast paced I think I will choose the Art Institute. Well later

Techno
04-26-2005, 12:46 PM
mlmiller1983, pls post ur real name or i cant use u!

WizCraker
05-10-2005, 05:58 AM
sounds like a spammer fishing for info.

How about you do your own research or better yet look at that reply I gave to the person looking for car moderlers..

Here is an idea if you are looking for an interview instead of posting a demanding statment like you did here for users of software from NewTek how about you ask these questions to developers at "Actual Game Studios?" If you clean up you demands to make it sound more profressional you might just get a answer from those in the industry. Also check out their employment pages they usually tell you excatly what is needed from future applicants by the means of knowledge.

You would be amazed what kind of responses you can get back from the nice developers if you act profressional in your emails or letters.

And why should we look up the information for you?

Getting a job with EA again if you take the time to look at their employment part of their site. Its not too hard takes all of 2 seconds to find it. But since you can't do research for your self I took the liberty of getting the address. It is actually quite simple http://jobs.ea.com/

Also what job do you want to do? there are many and you need to be knowledgeable in that area programmers need usually 3-5 years of expert experience with C++ and a degree in CS for instance.

Why do you need to know programming and graphics? If you work for EA you will not be a jack of all trades you will be specialized. It looks like you don't know what you want.

And back to that Research part you say this is for a Research project yet if you are posting here with these questions you apparently have not done your research. Also waiting to the last minute to gain research is not a wise choice. First lesson you will never succeed in the Game Industry if you can't figure out how to do simple research.

Also why would we post our full names when you can't even post your name? Do we just call you Tatical Trance?