PDA

View Full Version : Does Lightwave export Camera tracking data?

joeldberry
04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I am new to 3D (just purchased Lightwave), coming from a video/compositing background. .. just so you'll know...

Apple just announced that Shake 4 recently was upgraded with 3D plane capabilities (including cameras! Hooray!) and on Apple's site the demo said it works with exported camera data from "3D applications" like (ahem) Maya, Boujou and Pixel Farm.

They didn't mention Lightwave. Can you export camera tracking data from Lightwave to a format that Shake 4 can use?

If so, this is going to be SO powerful that I don't know if I can handle it!

If not, it's going to be SO disappointing that I don't know if I can handle it!

walfridson
04-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Maybe the RPF-format works in Shake?

monovich
04-18-2005, 12:54 PM
it probably won't be as easy as other 3d packages, but it'll probably be possible. Ultimately, 3d camera data isn't that complex, so if you are resourceful, you can use existing LW features or third party tools like Transmotion to transfer camera data.

It SHOULD be made easier, because 2d/3d/compositing information is increasingly used, but NT isn't so good at it, yet.

*sigh*

-s

Ztreem
04-19-2005, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE
It SHOULD be made easier, because 2d/3d/compositing information is increasingly used, but NT isn't so good at it, yet.
[/QUOTE]

I think they are working on it. This is from the press release of 8.3:

"LightWave is an integral part of many production pipelines which require integration with other software applications, and 8.3 is the first in a series of updates to further enhance interoperability"