PDA

View Full Version : NewTek to Release Free Feature Update to LightWave 3D®

Kurtis
04-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Las Vegas, NV, NAB, Booth SL1949 – April 18, 2005 -- NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the forthcoming release of the free 8.3 update to Emmy® award-winning LightWave 3D®. In addition to full support of the new generation multi-core processor systems, this release offers enhanced vector blur routines and improved integration with other production tools via updated PSD support, as well as a new gradient option for HyperVoxels™ (LightWave®’s volumetric rendering system), improved text tools for Modeler, and new features and functions in the Scene Editor and Dope Track. The release will be available to registered owners of LightWave [8] as a free download within a few days.

More... (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/04-18-05f.html)

Auger
04-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Can this possibly mean... Hypervoxels in FPrime??? :eek:

NanoGator
04-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Can this possibly mean... Hypervoxels in FPrime??? :eek:

Potentially. Or it means that FPrime has access to the depth info generated by volumetrics.

phil lawson
04-18-2005, 12:37 PM
The release will be available to registered owners of LightWave [8] as a free download within a few days.

Cant beat that...good job guys. :)

lasvideo
04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Just got back from NAB..I live in Vegas. After talking to the very nice guy manning the 1 and only Lightwave workstation (Tricaster dominated NT efforts at NAB)...
I get the feeling FPRIME intergration is still in the works. It was mentioned that Worley was focusing on SASQUATCH at the moment....which suggests that SDK efforts allowing FPRIME intergration are still in NT court.

riki
04-19-2005, 03:49 AM
Sweet News. I've been asking for text tool updates for awhile now, many thanks.

Panikos
04-19-2005, 04:24 AM
I hope there wont be a bottleneck-download from Newtek Europe again :mad:

-NG-
04-19-2005, 05:20 AM
Fprime and voxels! SWEET!. Dam I'm away for a few days and 8.3 :D Keep it up NT! Good work!