PDA

View Full Version : ferrari 360

Details
02-14-2003, 08:13 AM
finally a better forum!
as a first post i thought i'd share this..
just a tiny work in progress
http://www.rayk.be/~details/renders/xxxx.jpg
http://www.rayk.be/~details/renders/interior1.jpg
not 100% finished modeling yet so the renders aren't really super quality

wapangy
02-14-2003, 08:26 AM
That looks sweet! I'm going to have to try a car someday...

Schwing
02-14-2003, 12:12 PM
Nice ride. I'd crank the AA up a bit.:) Side windows look strange.

Abigor
02-14-2003, 01:32 PM
man, thast good stuff. i recently did a wrx (see below)... but i spent alota time tryin to get nice reflections like urs, and i couldnt do it. i asked in the old LW forum, and no one helped me out very much. so if u could tell us a bit about the technique u used to create ur environment, that would b great... thanx :)

DaBo
02-14-2003, 04:26 PM
Nice Modena!

But I can't realy see very much, how about a rear view? :)
I can see the engine block already!

Hmmm that huge wing looks strange. Even the F360 Challenge comes without any wing...But it's up to U :)

@Abigor: For nice reflections use A: HDRI Images
B: Good Reflection Maps, much contrast give the best reflection!
C: White Light Pannels with high lumminosity.

And don't forget to use a Fresnel Shader (or a gradient on the reflection channel) !

Cya.

Details
02-14-2003, 07:13 PM
ok as i said i'm not done modeling it yet :)
Abigor, iwouldnt use any reflection maps, i would try to use a gradient backdrop at first to get it to look right
then add a gradient with insidence angle to define where it is to reflect.. then add some black invisible object to break up the specual reflections a bit...
here is another render.. the only point of this render is to try to get a nice ferrari red, i don't have g2 and brdf doesnt seem to work right with radiosity, so i can't get the speculars to look completely right
this shader here is with a gradient set to 3% at 0degrees and 50% at 90 degrees, and the white in the ceiling is set to 200% luminocity
try to do that abigor.
http://www.rayk.be/~details/renders/surface_ok_subpatch_0.jpg
it is very hard to make the ferrari red with radiosity, since i would need to use regular lighting and regular lights do not look as good as i want it to. atleast i can't get it to (if it did i would use brdf to get anistropic highlights (or whatever it's called))
still with a little post processing it might look nice
any tips on how to make ferrari red is apreciated!

(subdivisions are set to 0 to make it render faster.. so don't comment on it being to low poly)

Details
02-14-2003, 07:15 PM
oh, and by the way. i'm not a car person, don't know much about cars at all.. and yeah i know ther are and might be a few errors.. but i modeled this from reference images alone and no backdrops because i couldnt find any . and this is my first car. so i am prety much finished.. except a few holes here and there

oxyg3n
02-14-2003, 11:51 PM
I think that this is a great attempt at your first car, has it taken you long?

I am now inspired to make my first one!

KiDCoDEa
02-15-2003, 05:27 PM
nice. waiting for the subdivision increased renders...

Skonk
02-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Really cool stuff, the first image gives me the impression of it been a miniture, dunno why. Love the red one too, nice paint surface.

James..

Details
02-16-2003, 09:49 AM
http://www.rayk.be/~details/renders/yaddanstuff.jpg

Abigor
02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
thanx for the tips man. as soon as i have a few free hours to play around, i definatly will. it needs to b done soon anyway... so ill post some results later. very nice renders btw.

phrick
02-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Holy moly! Those renderings are brilliant!

(Do I smell gallery?)

Abigor
02-17-2003, 02:02 PM
hey man, those pointers realy helped out. specialy the hrdi... i dont no y i didnt think bout that :) but i seem to b havin a prob now with the reflections. as i recall, wen i rendered my original image i WAS using an hdr image for ligthin and reflections, but i was gettin an odd pixely effect, so i ended up scrappin that and goin with straight backdrop radiosity. so i attached a small pic here that shows red pixelation in the headlight of my car... and the only thing i can think of causin it is the hdri. if anyone knows what this is exactly and how to fix it, i would love to hear.

also... i think i read above the the BRDF shader doesnt work with radiosity? i think i have encounterd this prob, but i just wanna check with other ppl. i remeber, again, wen i was startin the lightin of this car, that i setup the brdf and it worked nice... then for some reason it started rendering 100% white all the time. now that i think back... that could have been at the point wen i activated radiosity. so if anyone can clarify this for me, and if there is a way to get around it, it would b much appreciated.

Scott
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
The last render looks fantastic ! Only thing that doesn't look quite right that I can see is the front headlight at the bottom of the render, theres something about the glass that doesn't look quite right :confused:

Apart from that - - awesome ;)

Details
02-18-2003, 03:01 AM
latest render
http://www.rayk.be/~details/renders/cartrek.jpg
some issues on the door.. i'm only using shadowmapped spotlights now... radiosity takes too long for test renders.. this one took 12 minutes to render.. so i use that instead of radiosity

Larky
02-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Holy crap that's nice, and it's your first car to boot. Well done, be nice to see the finished, antialiased radiositied print res render! Probably take 20 hours or so!!