PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Vs Rollerball

gordonrobb
04-17-2005, 10:08 AM
I am thinking of changing my mouse to a tracker/roller ball. I was wondering does anyone here use one for LW? and if so, what is your feedback.

snakes1969
04-18-2005, 05:21 AM
I am thinking of changing my mouse to a tracker/roller ball. I was wondering does anyone here use one for LW? and if so, what is your feedback.
Don't have any good experience with a rollerball, it's too hard to control. Now I have a Wacom Intuos II Tablet here. If you want to move away from the mouse, save money to buy a Wacom. It is really the best option & RSI disappeared the moment I started using it :p !

Snakes

ravantra
04-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Wacom all the way!!!

Plus Wacom just released a wireless tablet! Too bad it's the Graphire series.....Intuos should be coming soon!

gordonrobb
04-19-2005, 02:34 AM
I have an intuos, but only really find it usefull for drawing/painting. Can get used to using it instead of a mouse.

byte_fx
04-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I have a crowded desktop so the tablet only comes out when needed.

Otherwise I use a Logitech Trackman and love it. After using it for two days I was so hooked I bought a couple of spares in case it breaks - it hasn't yet.

Also have one on my net box - with the latest drivers you can diagonally scroll large net pages or images.

bye_fx

gordonrobb
04-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Any specific info on using it with LW?

cathuria
04-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Ditch the mouse, no question.
Trackball is far superior once you get used to it, especially for 3D work. Do NOT get a trackball that is thumb-operated (cripple ya quick); get either the Logitech Trackman or the MS Trackball Explorer (which I find the most comfortable, having worked with both -- plus it has the scroll wheel). I switched to trackball more than 6 years ago and having to use a mouse just seems so clumsy any more.

Having said that -- a few months ago I laid down a 4x6 Wacom Graphire on my desk... and have only pulled out the trackball since when I want to play Doom.

In some ways the tablet can be less convenient and requires a much steadier hand -- but the ease of working in any graphics program more than makes up for it.

gordonrobb
05-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Just thought I would update to say that I am about to start Modeller with my new Logitech TrackMan Optical. Seems good so far.