PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With My Textures??

Helixfl
04-16-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm still kind of new but this is weird. I was trying to load a Jpeg to use for a texture but when I clicked on it nothing would happen. It won;t load any pic to use. Then I checked some old projects and those textures are missing. And in Lightwave I can't import a background. I'm thinking some settings must be off but don't know what. Anyone know whats going on?

Kanephan
04-16-2005, 10:33 AM
This is happening to me to. I'm having a variety of problems on this computer. I think some DLL's are missing or something.

Another problem I had was after rendering an image, it only gives like 3 or 4 choices for a format to save it as. Instead of the usual 15+.

Anyway, I'm gonna spend the rest of my day formatting and upgrading to Windows XP.

Good luck with your problem.

Weetos
04-16-2005, 10:39 AM
it's most likely plugin related. I mean if your config files are corrupted for some reason, then LW can't load Jpegs because it needs a corresponding I/O plugin and can't find it.

Do a 'scan Directory' in 'Edit Plugins' to get it fixed. if it still doesn't work then you might have to reinstall LW

Good luck

Helixfl
04-16-2005, 10:48 AM
I didn't want to reinstall it if i didn;t have to but that seemed to do the trick.

Imatk
04-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Dump your plugins... and re-load them... Lightwave has just lost them for some reason... probably a config problem.

If you just go into both Modeler and Layout and just re-load all your plugins you'll be fine... a lot easier than re-installing