PDA

View Full Version : Viewport Manipulation Cursor Icons

Matt
04-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Just a quick thing while I remember it!

When you're manipulating viewports using hotkeys instead of the gadgets ...

Top / Front / Side viewports:

ALT = Pan
CTRL + ALT = Zoom

Perspective viewport:

ALT = Rotate
CTRL + ALT = Zoom
Shift + ALT = Pan

It would be great if the mouse cursor changed before you click in the viewport to reflect which hotkey you pressed.

It's just that despite knowing the hotkeys, it would give much better on-screen feedback, not absolutely essential, but a nice touch all the same, and easy to implement I would imagine.

Cheers
Matt

Matt
04-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Just noticed, it does change prior to clicking, but only if you move the mouse first. If you press the hotkeys but don't move the mouse, nothing happens, so ... can we make the cursors change without having to move the mouse!

Only a small gripe, but, it's the smallest details that make all the difference!

:D

Kuzey
04-17-2005, 05:13 AM
Mmmm...so it's almost there...should be easy to do ;)

It would be cool if Rotate, Pan and Zoom had different mouse cursors (unless it's already in LW8.x)

Kuzey

evenflcw
04-17-2005, 06:12 AM
"can we make the cursors change without having to move the mouse"

Good request!

I wouldn't mind if the cursors where reworked abit too, since I feel they look all to simular to some modeler tool-cursors. Rotation looks exactly the same! Maybe put a square around the viewport cursors?

Kvaalen
04-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Talking about cursors, it would be nice if many of the new tools added would have a cursor of their own instead of the default mouse.

Matt
04-17-2005, 07:41 AM
Talking about cursors, it would be nice if many of the new tools added would have a cursor of their own instead of the default mouse.

Yep I agree, and make them all a little bigger perhaps too!

Lynx3d
04-18-2005, 05:15 AM

Yea PLEASE make the cursor selectable via SDK, it find it "a bit" odd to have that clunky standard cursor for some modeling plugin that needs precision, you can't even make it disappear like e.g. the drag tool does...
very frustrating for a plugin coder...