PDA

View Full Version : Viper not working

robk
04-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Viper does not seem to be working in 8.2 What gives?
I don't usually use viper. I usually use fprime, but I Just finished watching some hypervoxel tutorials from Dan Ablan and went to try his scene tutorials and viper doesn't work. i have tried other scenes since and viper doesn't work in the normal scenes as well as the hypevoxel ones. tried the f9's before and everything. Is there something I am missing here?

MonroePoteet
04-16-2005, 10:16 AM
VIPER works for me on V8.2. It has to be enabled in the Render panel or the source windows (e.g. Surface editor) don't send data to VIPER.

mTp

3dworks
04-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Viper does not seem to be working in 8.2 What gives?
I don't usually use viper. I usually use fprime, but I Just finished watching some hypervoxel tutorials from Dan Ablan and went to try his scene tutorials and viper doesn't work. i have tried other scenes since and viper doesn't work in the normal scenes as well as the hypevoxel ones. tried the f9's before and everything. Is there something I am missing here?

viper seems to be fine in 8.2. you may have to open the volumetrics panel to see the viper preview for HV. oh, and did you do that first render with F9/F10? as far as i know, viper needs a first complete render before it can display anything.

i have had only trouble with the mosaic mode, which never seems to work on my mac. anyone else in trouble here too?

best regards

markus

robk
04-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I did all the things everyone is suggesting and it still doesn't do anything. i know about the f9/f10 thing etc. It just doesn't seem to be getting any info to display.
Very strange!

Snosrap
04-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Open the Surface Editor to trigger VIPER.

Snos