PDA

View Full Version : Converting QT for TriCaster

ChurchMedia
04-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm doing a couple of demos of the TriCaster and Artbeats footage at the Artbeats booth next week at NAB. I just got my TriCaster yesterday and I think it's a cool machine. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to convert the .mov files from Artbeats into a codec that the TriCaster will recognize.

I can do the conversions on another machine and transfer them to the TriCaster with my external Firewire drive, but I'm stuck on what to convert it to. I've tried a standard DV avi file and that didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

John Perkins
04-15-2005, 04:27 PM
A normal Microsoft Type-2 DV AVI should work (It does here). Something must have gone wrong on the other machine.

That other system doesn't have a Matrox or Canopus in it does it? Those can create not-quite DV AVI's.

ChurchMedia
04-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah, the other machine has a Matrox RT.X100 in it, but I was using the standard DV codec that comes with Premiere. Is there a sure way to convert using some kind of utility? How do YOU do it?

ChurchMedia
04-15-2005, 06:12 PM
I did some software updates and with Premiere Pro 1.5.1 I was able to successful convert a QT file to a DV AVI and it went into the TriCaster without any problems....