PDA

View Full Version : sketch tool problems

kqmen
04-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I have been drawing on modeler with the sketch tool I want to do a sketchy drawing and bring it to layout it looks great on modeler but when I bring it to modeler it shows me only 1 line and a cage the size of the original drawing instead of all my line drawing, I tryed using the show curve on the scene editor, render the edges, changing color, etc. but still can see only one line, I dont care about bringing poligons to layout and then making them sketchy I just want to bring the rough lines I did with my wacom tablet and the sketch tool can anyone tell me why I can't see the lines on the rendering or layout?

Wonderpup
04-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi kqmen,

If you select the curve in polygon mode in modeler, then extude it , then select the points on the extruded edge and delete them, you will be left with a two point poly chain in the shape of the curve that will render in layout- but, the line will be very fine. What I would do is rail extrude a very small radius circle along the curve and set its surface to a flat colour, the advantage being that if I want the lines thicker, I can just use a slighter bigger radius circle.

Another option might be the edges tab which should, I think, work with a poly chain.

kqmen
04-15-2005, 06:16 PM
the thing is that I want a purely line model like a sketchy drawing only with no polys, I saw the attached picture on one of the forums but I can't quite get my stuff to look similar to it I found it under a search for sketch on the forum search I guess it can't be copied with the sketch tool?

Wonderpup
04-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi kqmen,

Sorry , i think I misunderstood your question- I thought you needed to render your sketched curves.

If you need to render a 3d model out to look like a sketch there are a number of ways to do this, in fact there was quite recently a massive thread on this very subject on this forum, so it's worth doing a search.

One simple way to get this sort of look is to select the wireframe rendermode in the render options panel, another would be to make all your surfaces the same colour as your background and render using edges.

EDIT: I just came across this link on flay.com which seems to be what you are looking for;
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=33992&highlight=Pencil

kqmen
04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
many thanks ! I'll give this a try