PDA

View Full Version : Great Hall

otacon
04-15-2005, 11:13 AM
A big hall...yea. This is a project i started a while ago and then got tired of it, so i went back to it and finished it up recently. Any comments would be great, im not sure if the lighting is too dark...it looks good on my home monitor but at work its kinda dark. Rendered with fprime. Thanks for looking.

null studios om
04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Hay Otacon,saw your gallery man and i was like :eek: ,you know what im sayin?
i like the way you take the render scene,but is'nt there a way that people can save the pics?because they're way too cool man..thats all Light Wave right?

Cheers.... :o

Intuition
04-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Nice work Otacon.

I saw the scene in the Maxwell forum. Nice to see it textured and Lightwave rendered.

Very nice. :)

etyrihje
04-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Great image, really good looking and nicely lit as well.
The only thing I would mention is that the celing seems a bit to bright, too high difuse setting maybe?
The overall impression is great, very good looking floor texture!

Sastira
04-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I would absolutely /love/ to see the same scene at night with those lanterns being lit, and a soft moon coming through the windows!!

Absolutely fabulous, as always!

Captain Obvious
04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Good to see you finished it off! ;) It's a nice image, but the texture on the floor looks somewhat repeditive...

I would absolutely /love/ to see the same scene at night with those lanterns being lit, and a soft moon coming through the windows!!
Yes, that'd be very nice! Turn down the outside light, turn up the lights and let it cook!

Kuzey
04-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Wonderful!!!

How many polygons does it take to produce a great hall??

;)

Kuzey

otacon
04-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the crits.
I think the ceiling is a little bright. I added a light pointing up to brighten it a little, but maybe it was too much. The floor does have a repeating problem, i added some procedural noise to break it up but it didnt work to well.

null studios om: Yea, its all lightwave. You should be able to right click an image to save it. It worked for me.

siproductions
04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Looks really nice man. Good work as always. :)

null studios om
04-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah man,it worked thanx. :)

adrian
04-18-2005, 01:03 AM
BRILLIANT!!!

If I had to nitpick, I would agree that the ceiling is ever so slightly too bright but the rest is perfect!

Adrian.

etobiason
04-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I think it's a great image as usual.

Ever thought of putting something out of place in your environments...? Like, for example, in this one if one lone helium balloon were up against the ceiling it might be interesting... that's not a crit so much as something that popped into my head.

riki
04-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Excellent works as per normal. A few small points. The floor texture is repeating, if you look down the length of the hall on the RHS, you can see a circluar pattern that continues.

I was thinking also it might look good to breakup the sunlight coming throught the window just to give the impression of something outside. Foliage or something like that.
But one thing that really tells me that this scene is CG, is the clones. I always find myself counting clones, it sort of pops me out of a scene rather than drawing me in. God is in the detail as they say. But great work.

Captain Obvious
04-19-2005, 07:10 AM
God is in the detail as they say.
Isn't it "the devil is in the details"? Anyway, yes, you're right, it's great work.

otacon
04-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the crits. A balloon up by the ceiling is a good idea, i will have to try that on my next one. Floor could be better, i know its rushed. The plants outside is a good idea too. I will get a poly count soon, my home internet isnt working so i keep forgetting to look...