PDA

View Full Version : a mac forum

cuse
02-14-2003, 09:10 AM
oh i do like this... mac only lightwave, i have found my resting place :)

just thought i would say hi...

cuse

Beamtracer
02-14-2003, 04:51 PM
It's a shelter from the other pro-Windows forums out there. Interestingly, this Mac forum gets more hits (people viewing it) than the equivalent Windows (PC) one.

dmg3d
02-16-2003, 12:02 PM
"Interestingly, this Mac forum gets more hits (people viewing it) than the equivalent Windows (PC) one."

Possible "Switchers"? :p

Beamtracer
03-03-2003, 03:30 AM
Looking at the vBulletin stats, this Mac Lightwave forum is now getting almost twice the number of hits and postings as the Windows equivalent. That's pretty amazing! Are there more Mac users, or are they just more talkative?

When Lightwave 7 was released, Newtek stated that they were selling more of the Mac version than Windows version. I don't know if this is still the case. However the large number of posts on the Mac forum indicates that there are a lot of Mac Lightwavers out there!!!

bortek
03-03-2003, 05:37 AM
[i]
When Lightwave 7 was released, Newtek stated that they were selling more of the Mac version than Windows version. I don't know if this is still the case. However the large number of posts on the Mac forum indicates that there are a lot of Mac Lightwavers out there!!! [/B]

Don't forget that there's no 3DSMAX on mac and Maya is here for a short time.

Ade
03-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Alot of Amiga users went mac too..

Cuse welcome, I sometimes visit cgtalk.com but their forums arent pure mac.

wapangy
03-03-2003, 11:04 AM
I heard that something like 30-40 percent of maya sales were mac when they released the Mac OS X version, Macs seem to be doing surprisinly well in 3D right now.

Ade
03-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Apple needs to lie in their marketting and show benches of apple being the fastest in 3d..hehehe

Rey
03-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ade
Apple needs to lie in their marketting and show benches of apple being the fastest in 3d..hehehe

If they can sort out their next line of PowerMacs with the IBM 970 and dual configurations, they may not have to lie.