PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish in Acuarium: finished!!

Cesar Montero
04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Here is a render I did a two weeks ago. I Almost forgot to post it on the forums. Hope you like it.

kiwi dave
04-14-2005, 07:28 PM
You really are the king of all things glassy!!

Just like your perfume bottles, the fish bowl is great. Did you ever get around to posting a glass tutorial? - its still one of the things that trips me up.

Awesome work!

Dave

Cesar Montero
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
You really are the king of all things glassy!!

Just like your perfume bottles, the fish bowl is great. Did you ever get around to posting a glass tutorial? - its still one of the things that trips me up.

Awesome work!

Dave

Thanks for the kind words :)

Actually I did fish bowl before the perfumes. It was my first attempt in doing glass (and being succesful in doing so). I just forgot to post it. There are some other glassy things I'll post. I'll do a tutorial for glass. There have been so many request for doing so that I will do it. Just give me some time to polish things up and do something that is understandable. :)

Thanks again for the interest :)

Tiger
04-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Lovely!

Please also tell us how you made the bubbles!

Cesar Montero
04-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Lovely!

Please also tell us how you made the bubbles!

It is the same principle as the one for the other glass surfaces I have already made. Man, you will be the first guy I will tell about the tutorial. You and Tspyrison from spinquad. If you want to catch up with my techniques look at this thread. There I explain all my technique for rendering, at least for ligthing. I even posted my glass material there:

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5751

I didn't post it here because only you was interested in this.

PS: I'm always online on [email protected] on MSN messenger. If anyone wants to add me, go on, I love to chat.

Tiger
04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks Cesar!
I will check it out!

modernpixel
04-15-2005, 01:47 PM
That little couch and the caught-by-surpise look in the fishes eyes kills me. Very funny. And ditto on all the glass praise, I like the mix of realism and cartoon.

Cesar Montero
04-17-2005, 02:25 PM
That little couch and the caught-by-surpise look in the fishes eyes kills me. Very funny. And ditto on all the glass praise, I like the mix of realism and cartoon.

I started doing the glass to practice and test glass surface. Then I realized I needed something inside. That lead me to one thing, then another, and then this render. I'm glad you like it!

annaleah
04-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Very cool Cesar Montero.
I have been seeing so much great works from you lately.
The goldfish tickles my stomach when I first saw it.Really cute!

Cesar Montero
04-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Very cool Cesar Montero.
I have been seeing so much great works from you lately.
The goldfish tickles my stomach when I first saw it.Really cute!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Oh well, so far this is what I have done in lightwave. i havn't done really that much. This week I just felt the need of finishing all my wips. I needto start new onesbefore these ones start to seem from the past.

I still think this render will be part of my personal favorites for a good time :)