PDA

View Full Version : Help with SoftFX

WesM
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey Guys,
I was just trying to figure out how the new dynamics tools work and its driving me crazy. Can anyone take a look at this test scene and tell me why on earth softFX is not working.

Thanks a lot,

Wes

Dodgy
04-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Ummmmm, what's with all the wierd file names? ._.DS_Store etc?

Where's the .lws and .lwo?

WesM
04-14-2005, 06:53 AM
Did you try to open the files on a PC? I work on PC at work and Mac at home. For some reason whenever I bring files from home I get those weird extra files ._DS.

The object is named Coll and the Scene is named groundCollision. When I open it at work it doesn't show the extensions. You may need to add the .lwo to Coll and .lws to groundCollision. I usually just delete every file that has a ._ in front of it.

Thanks a lot for downloading the files. Let me know what you think. Its driving me crazy. I watched some videos on using softFX and it just worked. I don't know why the rock is not effecting the groundplane in my scene.

Thanks,

Wes

Lottmedia
04-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Those wierd extensions ar just a product of the Mac's file system. Getting rid of them is not necessarily a good idea if you're gonna take those files back to the mac (I believe the're just analogous to thumbnail files in windows, not necessary but the 'puter rebuilds them every time it sees the files, just adding time into your day) Don't erase files if you don't know what they do.
Also, the Mac files probably don't have .xxx extensions on them so you have to figure out which are right and add the .lwo or just force LW to open them.

J-Rod

Dodgy
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
You're going to have to provide more points in the plane for it to detect collisions more easily for a start..

Matt
04-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Basic stuff like this SHOULD be easy to setup and work first time!