PDA

View Full Version : where to send bug reports on lw?

cresshead
04-13-2005, 07:08 PM
where to send bug reports on lw?

i have a serious bug to report on lightwave 8.21 on a mac where you can't see any selected points on a model that is set to display in shaded mode, wireframe shade, smoothshade etc... only wireframe displays as it should...drat!
for a full description and screen grabs i've posed a thread on the lightwave mac forum area..

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=35747

it's lightwave 8.21 running on a new apple mac mini...also lightwave 8.2 and lightwave 8.0 have the same display errors

lightwave 7.5 de is fine.......

the mac mini uses the ati 9200 video chip, same as a emac and ibook so you could be in for some emails from people getting new mac's and taking up the newtek upgrade/crossgrade offer...

get me on a beta test if you need to.

steve gilbert

[email protected]

cresshead
04-13-2005, 07:42 PM
also had a look at display cages even though i personally don't use display cages myself....

the mac 8.21 version only displays cages and guides in the top left viewport [quad setup] when in wireframe mode...no other viewport works for these displays...

also as reccomended i upped the point size to a mad number [10 pixels] to show that the points seem to be being displayed inside the mesh not on the outside of the model like it is on lightwave 7.5 de on a mac...

very odd indeed!

i'll download lightwave 7.5d for osx and dig out my lightwave 7.5 installer and get that up n running as lightwqave 8.21 is all but unusable for modeling currently...a shame as i was going to make that my main pc for lightwave...right now i'll just use layout.

as i said ealier i suspect this will also be true for all mac mini owners, emac owners, i book owners and maybe some powerbook owners too...ouch!

cresshead
04-13-2005, 07:48 PM
as a quick fix up could not newtek simply use the old display driver exe or wot not from lightwave 7.5 as this works perfectly well...

it would make a lot of people happy if it were possible..call it the "ati patch" as it suspect it's all to do with the ati video chip and the update to the open gl driver housed in lightwave 8.0, 8.2 and 8.21...

BTW with lightwave 8.0 i could see NOTHING in regards to selected points...in 8.21 i get a vague hint of where they are..

steve g

cresshead
04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
not heard from anyone about a email address for bug reporting so i've sent an email the newtek technical support..lets hope they jump to it, as if they can solve this i can then add another seat of lightwave before the offer runs out and the end of the month.

layout seems okay on a mac but modeler really need fixing for lightwave 8.x i'll install lightwave 7.5d in the meantime and hope that i can add the rounder plugin from lightwave 8 into lightwave 7.5 to get me the tools i use everyday in lightwave 8 back into lightwave 7.5.............. :cool:

let's hope!
steve g

Karmacop
04-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I didn't realise you were the only person to reply to your own thread :p

the bug email address is [email protected]