PDA

View Full Version : can't see selected points in modeler...

cresshead
04-13-2005, 05:57 PM
hi
i'm using my brand new mac mini 1.42ghz using lightwave 8.21 and i can't hardly see any selected points in modeler....with lightwave 8.0 they were totally invisible when using anything other than wireframe...

don't ask me to put a different video card in as a mac mini isn't capable! :(

i'll try lightwave 7.5 demo disc to see if it's a standard handicap when using lightwave on a mac or not...........see ya in a minuete! :rolleyes:

toby
04-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm assuming you've switched to simple wireframe points and edges?

cresshead
04-13-2005, 06:31 PM
well i'm a new MAC user but have had LW for a few years now..never had this problem before!here's screen grab...once i found "grab" to grab it!....though photoshop 5 le on a pc can't open the tiff the mac creates so i had to re screen grab it on the pc when i opened it with quicktime!....boy oh boy how bothersome!
..grab only seems to save as a mac only tif.....wonderful!

anyway..yeah tried the simple wireframe and made the points larger etc...and to that how do you revert to the small size...as now lightwave remembers pixel size 10 on a new boot even though i changed it then closed lightwave???

do i need to uninstall lightwave and re install to make this go back to defaults???

gee and i thought a mac was simpler!... :eek:

here's that screen grab! :cool:

cresshead
04-13-2005, 06:34 PM
it seems as though lightwave 8 has a display problem that underlays the points rather than overlays them....not happy! :mad:

this makes my proposed training video's for lightwave on a mac a non starter!
though i'll install lightwave 7.5 DE and see if this is happening there too....

back soon! :(

steve g

cresshead
04-13-2005, 06:56 PM
okay..loaded up lightwave 7.5 DE and it looks okay..so it's not a mac issue but a lightwave 8.0 issue...

well looks like i'll have to go back to using my pc as my main app for lightwave as the mac version needs to be fixed..i can't make training video's on a previous version as they'll look "old".....so won't be able to sell them.

oh dear! :o

if someone from newtek would like to comment on how long it might be for a fixup patch for this serious issue [no one on a new mac mini or e mac will be happy as they all use ati cards..same goes for the powerbooks...]

needs to be addressed urgently.

if it may take any period of time to resolve then newtek need to ship lightwave 7.5 installs as well as lightwave 8.0 discs to make it usable on mac mini, emac or a powerbook otherwise they'll have a lorry load or returned lightwave's heading their way and people asking for a refund!

...get on it!

steve g

[email protected]

toby
04-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Well to screen grab on Mac you can use cmd+shift+3, and with cmd+shift+4 you can draw a marque to grab only what you want. Open them in Preview ( comes with OSX ) and save as a jpg.

Don't think that the Mac is inferior just because you haven't learned where everything is, I went through the same thing when I started working on pc. And if Photoshop on the pc can't open a simple tiff file, that's lame! Did you put the extension on it so that Windows can see it?

cresshead
04-13-2005, 07:52 PM
thanks for the insight on screen grabbing!
that sounds much better way of doing things..re the tiff i believe it saves it in mac byte order so can be loaded...though i can display in quicktime on a pc so ca re screengrab....
still..not too worried about screengrabbing!..more about lightwave and display issues!

hope newtek can patch it by slotting in the lightwave 7.5 open gl display into lightwave 8.x....that would fix it!