PDA

View Full Version : rectangular poly selection option

Mr Mouse
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
That's what I'd like - sometimes/often it would be useful to pull out a rectangle over the polys to select a specific group of them.

Karmacop
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Volume select does this

Should be in view>selection>volume

Mylenium
04-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Volume select does this

Should be in view>selection>volume

Yeah, but how clunky is that (mind you,you still have to activate the selection on the panel!!!)? In modo and Maya rectangle selections are the prefered method along with direct pick and there I rarely use anything else. About time LW catches up even though it may only be a minor thing.

Mylenium

Karmacop
04-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Why is it clunky?

JML
04-14-2005, 09:13 AM
yes, it would great if by just pushing, ALT, the lasso selection tool would
become rectangular selection tool.. or CTRL to force the selection to be horizontal
or vertical or 45*.
volume in the view panel is a lot slower alternative..

Dodgy
04-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Ctrl-j is the keyboard short cut. You could also add it to the selection bar at the bottom (which is where it used to be before NT changed it due to user demand)
Apparently no-one used it much (well, all the people who begged for it to be removed didn't use it) so it got taken out of the selection toggle (points>Polys>Volume exclusive>Volume Inclusive>points) and made to be Points>Polys>Points instead.

I like that the took it out of the spacebar toggle, but I put it back in the selection mode bar, and that works pretty well.