PDA

View Full Version : Bevel plugins - need help

gordonrobb
04-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I am thinking of adding a bevel tool to my purchase list. I have seen various recommendations for Bevel++, Vertibeval and Edgesmoother. What I would like to know is if there is anyone out there that knows them all, and could tell me what one to get. I do not mind spending the money on Vertibevel, but only if it is significantly better than the others appear to be.

Please help a confused wanabe beveller :(

nemac4
04-13-2005, 02:07 PM
You should look at jettobevel too,.. and it is free

http://www.3dfightclub.com/~jettocrack/lightwave/plugins/

I'd consider them both ( bevel++ and vertibevel ) no brainers due to their usefulness,.. however... after seeing the new supershift video, bevel++ may no longer be as needed after then next update from newtek.
If you do lots of text and logos,.. go with bevel++
If you do industrial tools and such,..hard surface models,.. go with vertibevel.

cathuria
04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I can't comment on Edgesmoother, but I know the others.
Like Nemac said, grab JettoBevel; it's no replacement for Bevel++, but it works snappy for the jobs it's specialized for.

Vertibevel has some conveniences that I really like, but if I had to choose between it and Bevel++ (and I actually did at one point), Bevel++ wins hands down. It has more features and the interactive creation of bevel profiles is just killer.